Cruise Alaska sooner than later
Just prior to the pandemic I took a group of travellers with me on a stunningly magnificent 11 day Alaska cruise holiday aboard the Oceania Regatta sailing Vancouver to Seattle with stops in Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, Sitka and Victoria, BC.
The funny thing is Alaska was never on my radar personally but clients LOVE Alaska so I figured I would check it out for myself. Honestly, that Alaska cruise was and still is my 2nd favourite cruise holiday ever (Hawaii being my #1) and I’ve cruised all over the world. It truly was an EPIC destination filled with beauty wildlife & adventure. One of my favourite tours was a private glacier hike where we took a helicopter ride over Mendenhall Glacier and then landed on it and iced trekked for hours. It was absolutely incredible. I will forever be grateful for the opportunity to sail this part of the world with a group of wonderful clients who have now become friends.
Do you have dreams of going to Alaska? Well, make those dreams come true and jump aboard one of Alaska’s most popular cruise lines. You won’t regret it. I want to tell you the six most significant reasons why you should cruise to The Last Frontier sooner rather than later.
- You decide which cruise line to take. Sailing in Alaska extends from the middle of May to mid-September. During these months, you won’t likely see a shortage of cruise line options. Choose to go on a luxury or expedition-style cruise or maybe something a little more unique. Depending on your travel style you may want to consider one of these cruise lines Oceania, Regent, Celebrity, Disney (amazing for families) or even Holland American Line they all do Alaska extremely well.
- Alaska is desirable to people of all ages and tends to be high up on many bucket lists. Many families travel to Alaska each year to enjoy the beauty of the great state and the broad scope of activities and events.
- The wildlife is absolutely out of this world. When travelling to Alaska by cruise ship, don’t be surprised if you spot bears hunting for fish, whales, eagles, and several other beautiful creatures.
- Dare to go dog sledding? You may have to take a helicopter ride to get into the mountains first. This could be one thrilling adventure. Best of all, you get to hang with sweet huskies all day.
- Go on a land tour before or after your cruise. Hike through the Denali National Park or the Kenai River Valley.
- Sadly, Alaska won’t be as charming as it is now, forever. Right now, you can see the nation in all of its iconic glory. From lush forests to enormous glaciers, there is so much to admire before global warming takes it all away.
Alaska truly is one of the most magical places on Earth, and it’s right here in the United States. If you, like almost everyone else, have “visit Alaska” on your bucket list, what are you waiting for? There’s no better way to visit the state than by ship, so contact us now to start learning of all the cruise line options. Before you know it, you’ll have a one-of-a-kind vacation planned that will undoubtedly bring you memories that last a lifetime.
When you are ready to begin planning your Alaska Cruise holiday (which should be at least a year out) be sure to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.