Amsterdam is so much more than windmills and tulips, and it’s no secret that Amsterdam is one of the most exciting places on this Earth to go visit. With its rich history, artistic legacy, intricate canal system, and abundance of museums, you will find that there is so much to do and see in the time you are there to visit. So, to help you out and to maximize your time, here is a list of the top 5 things to do while you’re in Amsterdam.
1. Take a historical canal ride. The water tours of Amsterdam are some of the most desired.Since there are hundreds of canals throughout the nation that were created just for travel,there is no reason not to give this popular attraction a try. During your gentle water ride you’ll get to view some of the country’s most detailed architecture and most beautiful landscapes.
2. Take a walk through the wildflowers. Amsterdam takes great pride in their bulb flowers,especially tulips. Visit the amazingly vibrant bulb flower park in Lisse if you wish to seethe tulips in all their glory. If you happen to miss tulip season, don’t worry. There are plenty of bulbed flowers that grow year round at the park.
3. Visit one of the many spectacular art museums or history museums. Check out paintings by Rembrandt, Van Gogh or other world renowned artists, or go revisit history by walking into the Anne Frank House where you can see the secret annex where Anne was hid during World War II.
4. Walk through De Wallen, the nation’s red light district. Although it’s famous for some risky behavior, there is much more to the city. Try out one the district’s fine restaurants,small boutiques, or find more responsible entertainment at any of the places not lit up with red lights. For a faster way to venture through, rent a bicycle. You’ll find that you rent a bike nearly anywhere in the country.
5. Last but not least, you mustn’t leave the country without trying some its authentic Dutch cuisine or experiencing one of its cannabis coffeehouses. People travel all over the world to Amsterdam to encounter these coffee shops in person. In Amsterdam, marijuana is simply a way to unwind and these coffeehouses are some of the most reputable and reliable sources to enjoy a delicious bite to eat and a puff of smoke as you dine.
Amsterdam is a fascinating and vibrant city and EPIC Luxury Vacations, would love to help you plan a holiday to beautiful Amsterdam, so be sure to reach out to us.
Leave A Comment